STAY POSITIVE, AND PACE YOURSELF. STAMINA, FLEXIBILITY, ETC., RETURNS GRADUALLY. IT MIGHT FEEL LIKE YOU’RE TAKING BABY STEPS AT FIRST, BUT YOU’LL BE SURPRISED AT HOW QUICKLY FITNESS IS REGAINED, ACCORDING TO OUR GUEST, SABRENA JO, AND THIS IS TRUE POST COVID-19.
The Not Old Better Show: Fitness Friday Interview Series
Our show today is part of our Fitness Friday series, and it’s another great one in our Fitness Friday programs. We’ll be hearing from returning guest, Sabrena Jo.
On the Fitness Friday program, we talk with Sabrena Jo about excise and fitness. We all know that exercise is important, especially for our physical and mental health. Returning to exercise after an illness is often a very tough battle, and during our COVID 19 quarantine period, when we’ve cooped up, without our gyms, we need to be mindful of easing ourselves back into exercise again, particularly after the current Coronavirus outbreak.
I love speaking with Sabrena Jo, American Council on Exercise (ACE) Fitness Director of Science and Research Content, because of her research orientation. Research, fact-based analysis, and outcomes orientation is critical to our Not Old Better Show audience.
I spent considerable time researching some questions to ask Sabrena Jo, and we’ll talk about steps back to exercise, such as:
- You might feel as if you are starting from scratch but your fitness will return quickly once you begin.
- Take it slowly..don’t overdo it and fatigue right out of the gate.
- Listen to your body, and do what feels right, even something easier until you’re back to full strength.
- Always remember to rest and recover, and heal yourself, then add more and more exercise until you’re feeling your previous levels of strength.
- Stay positive, and pace yourself. Things return gradually. It might feel like you’re taking baby steps at first but will be surprised at how quickly you will regain your fitness. Remember that being active will help to keep your immune system in good shape to fight off future infections.
My thanks always to Sabrena Jo, ACE Director of Science and Research Content for joining us today. Of course, my thanks to SunBasket and True Botanicals for sponsoring the show…remember, please support our sponsors by checking out their products, which you can do with full discounts right from our show notes. And to you, my wonderful Not Old Better Show audience. Please keep your emails coming to me with show ideas, suggestions, and comments: @ email@example.com. Practice smart social distancing, be safe and be well.
Remember, let’s talk about better…The Not Old Better Show. Thanks, everybody.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS:
● SUN BASKET dot com slash NOB and enter promo code NOB.
● You’ve just got to try True Botanicals for yourself. Get FIFTEEN PERCENT OFF your FIRST purchase at TRUE BOTANICALS dot COM slash NOTOLDBETTER